Regardless of your location we provide online tax preparation and planning services for active duty and retired US military personnel.
It always recommend to get your tax prepared by a professionals. You must consider to work with a tax professional, If your tax station is somewhat complicated, your spouse is self employed, You have rental properties, you have investments or you sold a personal residence or second home.
For military personnel unique life challenges with their duties, expenses and transitions always ready to knock their door. As such, active members of the U.S. Armed Forces should be aware of all the special tax benefits that are available to them.
1. Moving Expenses. If you are a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and you move because of a permanent change of station, you may be able to deduct some of your unreimbursed moving expenses.
2. Combat Pay. If you serve in a combat zone, military pay you received for military service during that month is not taxable. You can also choose to include your nontaxable combat pay in your "earned income" for claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit.
3. Deadlines Extension. IRS is automatically extend tax return filing deadline for qualifying members of the military.
4. Uniform Cost and Upkeep. You can deduct the cost and upkeep of the uniforms.
5. Joint Returns. When one spouse is unavailable due to military duty, a power of attorney may be used to sign and file a joint return.
6. Travel to Reserve Duty. You can deduct unreimbursed travel expenses for traveling more than 100 miles away from home to perform your reserve duties.
7. ROTC Students. Subsistence allowances paid for advanced training are not taxable. But active duty pay, received during summer advanced camp, is taxable.
8. Transition- Back to Civilian Life. Looking for a new job you may able to deduct job search expense. It includes travel, resume preparation fees, and outplacement agency fees. Moving expenses may be deductible if your move is closely related to the start of work at a new job location.
Our expertise in military tax will assure that you get all of the tax benefits you are entitled for.